Did you know that 90% of us don’t get enough vegetables every day? 90%! Pretty shocking, right?
According to the USDA, most of us need between 2 and 4 cups a day (less if you are smaller and/or less active, and more if you are bigger and/or more active).
But the truth is, most people don’t sit down to eat a big bowl of veggies every day. They usually end up as an afterthought in a side dish.
This is why sneaking veggies into your meals (including BREAKFAST) is such a great idea! It’s a pain- and bother-free way to get more of them into your diet.
I know this tip might fall into the category “I know this but I don’t do it very often.”
Consider this your reminder that it’s time to START! 🙂
I have some ideas to get you going…
6 Easy Ways to Add Veggies to Your Breakfast
- Stir spinach or any other green into your eggs – or blend them into a smoothie
- Shred zucchini or carrots into overnight oats or chia pudding – or stir them into your oats while they cook (surprisingly yum!)
- Make a big batch of veggie hash (basically sauté a bunch of veggies together) ahead of time, and when it’s time to eat, heat it up and add a poached egg or browned tofu on top.
- Add cauliflower or beets to a smoothie.
- Top your avocado toast with some salsa (yes, salsa counts!).
- Make a grain bowl with leftover quinoa or rice and stir in some spinach and goat cheese while you heat it up.
This will keep you feeling full for hours!
Your assignment: Sneak some veggies into your breakfast a couple of days this week.
You don’t have to overhaul your entire lifestyle to feel healthier and more energized fast.
It really IS about making small changes over time that you can actually live with!
I get asked all the time: “How do you stay so motivated?” Fact: I don’t! …. So I work at it! Motivation is like a muscle – the more you flex it, the stronger it becomes.
I’ve got a quick post today with a very simple message…. Keep going! If you’re struggling right now with your goals, it’s NORMAL.
I’ve got a tip for you that’s so simple it will blow your mind and make you think “dad joke”.
Want to know the secret to reaching your goals? It’s setting goals that you can reach. I know that sounds like a no-brainer, but hear me out.
You know I like to focus on the positive, right? Well, I’m about to tell you how NOT to reach your goals this year. Because there’s one big mistake you can make that can push you into a HUGE trap – and you’ll end up feeling frustrated, burned out, and like a quitter.