How would you describe your morning routine? Hectic, calm, nonexistent … ?I’ve got a fun checklist for you today… It will help power-up your mornings and get your day off to a great start with an energy boost!
The best part is, you can do everything on this list and not add any extra time to your routine!
In fact, everything on this list will make your existing routine more enjoyable.
- Wait 30 minutes before scrolling your phone. This sends a strong message to your subconscious. It tells it YOU are in charge of your day, and not your phone or what’s happening in the news or on social media.
- Splash your face (or entire body, via a shower) with cold water. Cold water can boost your energy. It results in dilating your blood vessels, increasing your heart rate and circulation.
- Drink water BEFORE caffeine. Your body has been without hydration all night long. Being even a little dehydrated (just 1-2%!) can sap your energy. Treat yourself to a big glass of water before you sip that coffee!
- Supercharge your water. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and a dash of cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to your water.This will start your day off with a healthy kick of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and may help your body balance blood sugar. There’s even some evidence it can help with appetite control.
- Let the natural light shine in! Open up those curtains in the morning. This helps reset your body’s internal clock to wake up earlier, as well as naturally boost your energy.
- Listen to your favorite songs while you go through your morning routine. Studies show music can boost your mood as well as make you more alert! And it’s a lot more calming than a rundown of the latest news.
- Do something FUN. If you have a smart device like an Alexa, try playing “question of the day” while you go about your routine. It will give your brain a challenge first thing.
- Light a naturally scented candle or turn on a diffuser that contains energizing organic essential oils. Anything in the citrus or mint families can help rev you up.
- Change into real clothes if you work from home (and especially if you don’t 😉 ). Wearing pajamas all day is so 2020!
- BONUS TIP! Disclaimer: This one WILL add time to your daily routine, but not during your morning. Before you go to bed at night, do as many of your morning to-do’s as possible: pack your workout clothes, prep your breakfast, etc.
I hope this list gave you a few ideas for changing up your morning routine to make it more energizing!
You’ll be surprised how something that seems so small can change your day in a BIG way.
Sometimes, making a slight change in your lifestyle or everyday diet can have a HUGE payoff. There are a lot of foods out there that can increase inflammation in your body.
Research shows that some body parts naturally get less mobile (i.e., more locked-up) as we get older – starting as early as our 30s and 40s.
It’s amazing how one little habit and mindset shift can turn everything around. I’ve shared a couple of stories recently about my personal experience with morning routines. I thought it’d be a good idea to talk a little bit about my nighttime routine! Because it plays a huge role in my wellness.
My jaw dropped when I saw this fact a while ago. Did you know that there is a drug that 85% of us use every single day? If you’re one of them, I have a little assignment for you. 🙂 No, I am not going to ask you to quit.