Your new favorite meal prep recipe is here! This Superfood Bowl comes together fast using <gasp> convenience foods!
In just a few minutes, you can have 4 healthy meals ready to go for lunch or dinner… and if you want to add more protein, just add 3-4 ounces (80-115 g) of chopped rotisserie or grilled chicken to each serving.
NOTE: You don’t have to buy premade ingredients – you can cook everything from scratch ahead of time if you want!
Meal Prep Vegan Superfood Bowl
(makes 4 servings)
- 8 oz (250 g) package of microwavable quinoa (or 2 cups/125 g cooked)
- ½ cup (120 g) of hummus
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 5 oz (140 g) package baby spinach, rinsed
- 8 oz (225 g) package cooked refrigerated baby beets (produce section)
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 avocado (slice right before serving)
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsalted toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
- While the quinoa cools, make the dressing: whisk together the hummus and lemon/lime juice. If it’s too thick, drizzle in a few drops of water to thin to your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Divide the spinach among 4 reusable containers. In each container, add a quarter of the quinoa, beets, edamame, and pepitas.
- When you’re ready to eat, top each serving with ¼ of the hummus dressing and toss well before adding ¼ of the avocado, cut into slices.
I hope this recipe makes your lunches easier and more delicious.