It’s a special time of year … with celebrations, traditions, and festivities galore….Which is awesome. BUT … there’s something not-so-awesome, too – it’s all those sneaky saboteurs that come out during the holidays.
They can set you back in a BIG WAY from reaching your goals.
I put together a list of the 6 common ways we sabotage our progress over the holidays. When you are aware of these things, it’s so much easier to avoid them.
Top 6 Ways to Sabotage Your Progress Over the Holidays:
- Not eating all day before a party
On the surface, eating lightly all day when you know you’re going to overindulge later can seem like you’re doing something good…But it actually can backfire, leaving you to eat and drink even MORE than you expected because you are so hungry.
A better bet: Eat healthy, slightly smaller meals before you head out … and then enjoy your favorites in moderation!
- Overdoing fancy seasonal coffeehouse drinks
Even if you’ve seen these numbers before, they bear another look. Talk about empty calories and a roller-coaster ride for your blood sugar levels:– Peppermint Hot Chocolate: (12 oz /350 ml): 330 calories, 41 grams of sugar
– Caramel Brulee Latte (12 oz/350 ml): 310 calories, 36 grams of sugar
– Eggnog Frappuccino (16 oz/475 ml): 410 calories, 60 grams of sugar
- Eating it just “because it’s there.”
Your once-a-year indulgence in your Nana’s famous gingerbread – so worth it!The store-bought cookies someone bought at the last minute to bring to the holiday party? Not so much. They’ll just leave you feeling tired and sorry you ate them.
- Drinking too muchThere are a lot of reasons to be intentional about your alcohol intake. It can interfere with your sleep and make you dehydrated … plus it also contains a lot of empty calories.
But here’s something you might not realize: It can lower your inhibitions, which means you might be more likely to snack on foods you’d normally avoid!
- Letting your exercise routine slideOne of the things we’ve learned over the past 2 years is that being fit is a huge part of being healthy – it can keep your immune system strong and in shape.
Yes, this season can be hectic … but do your best to squeeze in at least a quick workout most days of the week. Not just for your results, but for your mind and overall health.
- Not getting enough sleepMaking time for sleep is SO WORTH IT. You’ll have more energy to tackle the holidays … plus it will even help keep your metabolism revved and appetite in check.
Remember, it’s all about MODERATION. Having a plan in place is SO IMPORTANT, not only during the holidays … but all year long. It gets rid of the guesswork while keeping you moving forward.
12 Days of Fitmas Workout Inside!
It’s one of the most anticipated emails of the year … because it’s got all of the details for this year’s 12 Days of Fitmas Workout! This is a special holiday workout that will fire up your metabolism and help keep you on track with your goals.
Your holiday survival checklist is inside
It’s not just you — a study by Healthline found that when it comes to health and finances, not only do 44% of people think the holidays are “somewhat stressful” and 18% of them classified them as “very stressful”!
Meal Prep Superfood Bowl Recipe
Your new favorite meal prep recipe is here! This Superfood Bowl comes together fast using
Your top secret saboteur
Lately I’ve been talking about next-level steps you can take to boost your results … and today’s post might just be about the most important step. It affects almost every action you take and every decision you make.