I’ve got a craving-buster recipe for you today that you are going to love.
It’s a breakfast recipe, but it’s great for any time of the day.
That’s because it not only tastes great but has plenty of protein and fiber in it – which means it’s going to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours.
Tip: you can swap out the feta for goat cheese if you don’t like feta. If you do opt for feta, check the label to make sure it’s made from sheep’s or goat’s milk (or a combo) – it’s delicious!
Mexican Breakfast Scramble
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 big handfuls of spinach or kale
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 eggs, whisked
- Splash of water (1-2 tsp)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When it’s hot, add the pinto beans, and cook until heated.
- Add the spinach and lime juice, stirring until the greens are beginning to wilt, and add 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- While the beans are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, whisking well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the greens are wilted, add the eggs to the pan and stir. When they are almost fully done, sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Serve with optional salsa and avocado!
Leftovers will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, making this a great make-ahead breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this! It’s a delicious way to start your day!
A few years ago I remember seeing a chart of “burpee equivalents” for food. Do you remember it? A cookie = 141 burpees, a small meatball sub = 402 burpees, a Big Mac = 506 burpees…
Do you love “hacks” when it comes to fitness and health? I know I do! Well, these fruits and veggies below can help power up your workouts and recovery in a big way …And I bet the next time you see them in the grocery store, you’ll look at them in a whole new light!
Shocking stat! Only 1 out of every 10 people eat enough of this food group … Even though these foods help keep your heart healthy … your skin glowing … your energy high … your hormones balanced … and your tummy happy.
Raise your hand if you love a “how am I doing?” quiz. (I know I love them!) I’ve got a little fitness & health self-audit for you today to help keep you on track with your healthy habits. This can be a good self-check to see if you need to double down on your healthy habits after the past few months.