I’ve got a craving-buster recipe for you today that you are going to love.
It’s a breakfast recipe, but it’s great for any time of the day.
That’s because it not only tastes great but has plenty of protein and fiber in it – which means it’s going to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours.
Tip: you can swap out the feta for goat cheese if you don’t like feta. If you do opt for feta, check the label to make sure it’s made from sheep’s or goat’s milk (or a combo) – it’s delicious!
Mexican Breakfast Scramble
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 big handfuls of spinach or kale
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 eggs, whisked
- Splash of water (1-2 tsp)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When it’s hot, add the pinto beans, and cook until heated.
- Add the spinach and lime juice, stirring until the greens are beginning to wilt, and add 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- While the beans are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, whisking well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the greens are wilted, add the eggs to the pan and stir. When they are almost fully done, sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Serve with optional salsa and avocado!
Leftovers will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, making this a great make-ahead breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this! It’s a delicious way to start your day!
There’s ONE thing you can change that has a surprising impact on your health, mood, and pretty much everything you do! It isn’t a workout and it doesn’t involve overhauling your diet.
This sugar stat caught me by surprise… and I thought I already knew a LOT about sugar. 👉 Eating just 100 calories a day of sugar (which is about 25 grams of added sugars, or 6 teaspoons) is linked to 45 DIFFERENT negative health outcomes.
What if I told you there’s ONE number you need to pay attention to BEFORE you start counting calories, macros, or anything else? For many of us, this number is a complete mystery. But once you figure it out, it’s a complete game-changer.
There are probably a few things in your life that you’d like to slow down… But when it comes to your metabolism? Probably not.