I’ve got a craving-buster recipe for you today that you are going to love.
It’s a breakfast recipe, but it’s great for any time of the day.
That’s because it not only tastes great but has plenty of protein and fiber in it – which means it’s going to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours.
Tip: you can swap out the feta for goat cheese if you don’t like feta. If you do opt for feta, check the label to make sure it’s made from sheep’s or goat’s milk (or a combo) – it’s delicious!
Mexican Breakfast Scramble
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 big handfuls of spinach or kale
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 eggs, whisked
- Splash of water (1-2 tsp)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When it’s hot, add the pinto beans, and cook until heated.
- Add the spinach and lime juice, stirring until the greens are beginning to wilt, and add 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- While the beans are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, whisking well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the greens are wilted, add the eggs to the pan and stir. When they are almost fully done, sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Serve with optional salsa and avocado!
Leftovers will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, making this a great make-ahead breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this! It’s a delicious way to start your day!
Are you ready to ramp up your results? I hope so because this month I’m focusing on the TOP ACTIONS you can take to 10x your results …even (especially!) if you’re stuck in a plateau. Basically, a plateau is when your results stall out and you stop seeing the progress you saw when you first started your program.
You’ve heard about the mind-body-spirit connection, right? It turns out there is some real, practical SCIENCE involved. It’s science that will have you lacing up your workout sneakers AND inspire you to pick up some weights! Have you heard about “hope molecules”?