Did you have a great morning today? If you did, it probably wasn’t by accident. You either:
- Made the decision (even if you didn’t consciously do it!) when you woke up to have a GREAT morning. And/or …
- It was great by DEFAULT because you’ve created your own morning routine that set you up for a successful day!
What you do in the morning can set the tone for the ENTIRE day. It’s kind of like the domino effect. And it’s not just the “day” that gets set up for success …. it actually creates the foundation for reaching your goals and living the life you are MEANT to live.
This is why having some kind of morning routine is important – even if it just takes 2-3 minutes a day. When you boil it all down, there are 5 important things you want to think about.
Your morning routine should:
- Support your goals. Your morning routine should align with what’s important to you and what you’re working towards.
- Help you feel ENERGIZED! Your choices should GIVE you energy so you’re ready to take on your day.
- Create FOCUS + INTENTION. When you wake up in the morning, you have a choice about how you’re going to spend your day. Creating an intention/focus each day is important so you can be PROactive and live each day with purpose.
- Elevate your MINDSET. Your morning routine should put you into a positive state of mind. Do something that fires you up and empowers you to be your absolute best.
- Be SIMPLE! If your routine is too complicated or long, you’re not going to stick with it. Keep it SIMPLE and short, and build on it over time.
Can you think of a few great new ways to get your day started in the morning? I challenge you to take action this week and put together your own morning routine that you’ll commit to over the next week.
We believe it’s SO important to make sure you set your day up for success. This is also one of the things we help our clients integrate into their lives – so they can make their goals a reality!
If you’re still reading this post right now, it’s for a reason…
Heads up, I’ve got some controversial news for you today – but hang with me! “Moderation” is one of the biggest buzzwords in wellness right now. But guess what? It doesn’t work …Because almost everyone does it wrong. The fact is, what looks like “moderation” to one person might be something completely different for someone else. For food, your definition of “moderate” can depend on what you grew up eating, your current eating habits, or even your mood.
If you’ve ever had a stressful day (or year!) that affected your eating habits, you are NOT alone. In a study, more than 75% of adults said that stress played a role in their eating during the past month. This included overeating, eating junk foods, or not eating. Many of them said it happened weekly. They also said it made them feel sluggish, lazy, disappointed in themselves, and/or irritable.
Last week I posted about jumping off the health/fitness/weight loss/etc. rollercoaster and finding a plan that works for YOU and your life! Doesn’t it just feel good when you get into a groove that you can actually stick with? (If you haven’t yet, hang with me, I’ve got a helpful tip for you below.) It’s a little mindset/organizing hack … And it’s something to think about when you get sidetracked, overwhelmed, or aren’t sure what to do next.
Have you ever been here before? Something sparked you to set a new fitness goal that you were REALLY excited about. Maybe you stepped on the scale after the holidays, had a big event coming up (reunion, wedding, vacation, etc.), were unhappy with the results from your latest doctor’s visit, watched an inspiring movie, were wowed by someone else’s transformation, or even had some kind of wake-up call…