Maybe you’ve heard this saying: “You are only one workout away from a GOOD MOOD.” It’s SO TRUE – a workout can rev up your body’s feel-good hormones, give you a mental break, and shift your focus, which makes it a great way to turn your day around!
Last week I posted about how everything is connected – your sleep, activity, food choices, stress, and so much more. Anyway, I mentioned how if you’re having an “off” day in one area, taking ONE GOOD-FOR-YOU ACTION can turn it around into an “on” (or at least better) day.
A quick workout is one of the fastest ways to help with that – in just a few short minutes.
Here are 5 quick ways to get your heart pumping in just 10 minutes!
10-Minute Feel-Good Workouts:
- Cardio Walk: Lace up your kicks and go outside for a quick 10-minute walk. Or hit the treadmill/elliptical for 10 minutes.
- Strength Circuit: Repeat for a total of 10 minutes: 10 squats, 30 seconds “pretend” jump rope (or march in place), 10 pushups, 30 seconds jumping jacks, 10 lunges (each side), 10 bicycle crunches (each side), 10 glute bridges, 30-second break.
- Dance It Out: Turn on your favorite music and have a dance party.
- Aggression-Relieving Session: Alternate kickboxing moves – 30 seconds of punches with 30 seconds of kicks, 30 seconds off, for a total of 10 minutes.
- Cardio Cleaning Session: Set your timer for 10 mins and GO for a fast & furious chore session. Don’t get distracted. (This one isn’t as fun as the options above … but on the plus side, you’ll knock off a few things from your to-do list.)
As you can see, you don’t need any special equipment – you just need some focus, good music, and boom! You can turn your day (& mood) around.
Have a fantastic day!
There’s ONE thing you can change that has a surprising impact on your health, mood, and pretty much everything you do! It isn’t a workout and it doesn’t involve overhauling your diet.
This sugar stat caught me by surprise… and I thought I already knew a LOT about sugar. 👉 Eating just 100 calories a day of sugar (which is about 25 grams of added sugars, or 6 teaspoons) is linked to 45 DIFFERENT negative health outcomes.
What if I told you there’s ONE number you need to pay attention to BEFORE you start counting calories, macros, or anything else? For many of us, this number is a complete mystery. But once you figure it out, it’s a complete game-changer.
There are probably a few things in your life that you’d like to slow down… But when it comes to your metabolism? Probably not.