There’s a reason movie stars and financial moguls use personal trainers: Working with a trainer is one of the fastest, easiest, most successful ways to improve your health and fitness. In fact, personal training has proved so effective it has spread well beyond the realm of the rich and famous.
Today, personal trainers are used by people at all fitness, age and economic levels-and from all over the world-to help make lifestyle changes those people couldn’t achieve by themselves.
How do you know if hiring a personal trainer is the right choice for you? Consider the following things a personal trainer can help you do:
- Improve Your Overall Fitness. IDEA surveys show the primary reason people hire personal trainers is to get professional assistance to improve strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance, coordination and cardiovascular health. A trainer will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go, helping you work your way off plateaus.
- Reach or Maintain a Healthy Weight. Body fat reduction, weight reduction or management, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with the aid of a qualified trainer, who can help you set realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
- Learn to Stick to It. Sticking with well-intentioned plans is one of the biggest challenges exercisers face. Qualified personal trainers can provide motivation for developing a lifestyle that places a high priority on health and activity. A trainer can help you brainstorm ways to overcome your biggest obstacles to exercise.
- Focus on Your Unique Health Concerns. IDEA surveys show that 50 percent of personal trainers’ clients have special medical needs, such as arthritis, diabetes or obesity. A personal trainer can help you with these or other issues, including low-back pain, rehabilitation from injury and pre/postnatal training. Your trainer can work with your physician, physical therapist or other health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that will speed your recovery or enable you to reach your health goals.
- Find the Right Way to Work Out. You will learn the correct way to use equipment, and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight training
- Stop Wasting Time. Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you. Workouts that use your strengths and improve on your weaknesses are efficient and effective.
- Learn New Skills. Want to improve your strength and flexibility for tennis, skiing or golfing? An individualized program can improve your overall conditioning and develop the specific skills you need.
- Enhance Your Mind, Body and Spirit. A personal trainer can act as a doorway to new personal growth experiences. Many trainers provide mind-body activities, such as yoga or tai chi sessions. Your trainer may help you uncover new insights about yourself or find potential you didn’t realize you had.
- Benefit From the Buddy System. What could be better than making a commitment to regularly meet with someone who will provide you with individualized attention and support?
- Take Charge of Your Program, and Do It Your Way. With the right trainer, you can find the exercise program that works best for you. Are you more comfortable with a demanding program or a gentler approach? Would you like to train at home or at work, at a club or in a trainer’s facility? How many times per week or month do you want to meet your trainer, and for how long? Carefully choosing a personal trainer enables you to select the type of guidance that will benefit you. You can get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health
I get asked all the time: “How do you stay so motivated?” Fact: I don’t! …. So I work at it! Motivation is like a muscle – the more you flex it, the stronger it becomes.
I’ve got a quick post today with a very simple message…. Keep going! If you’re struggling right now with your goals, it’s NORMAL.
I’ve got a tip for you that’s so simple it will blow your mind and make you think “dad joke”.
Want to know the secret to reaching your goals? It’s setting goals that you can reach. I know that sounds like a no-brainer, but hear me out.
You know I like to focus on the positive, right? Well, I’m about to tell you how NOT to reach your goals this year. Because there’s one big mistake you can make that can push you into a HUGE trap – and you’ll end up feeling frustrated, burned out, and like a quitter.