This month we’re taking a deep dive into a BILLION-dollar topic. No, that is not a typo! It’s all about staying healthy as you age.
This year, across the world people will spend $62 billion on anti-aging efforts.
That’s one of those numbers that is so big, it’s hard to imagine, am I right?
But imagine this: you don’t have to break the bank in order to be healthy at EVERY age.
Your health & wellness is like your retirement account.
The consistent investments you make NOW – by eating a healthy diet, working out regularly, taking care of your skin/eyes/teeth, not smoking, etc. – pay off big-time deep into the future!
And the BEST part is, it’s never too late to start making those investments in your personal wellness account:
- Working out creates a strong base of muscle (and bone!) that will keep you strong as you get older … plus of course, it keeps your heart & body healthy!
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night builds a healthier and more focused brain.
- Finding ways to manage stress keeps your brain and body happy.
- Eating healthy foods floods your body with the nutrients it needs to function optimally.
- Building a social network keeps you feeling connected, which has a direct link to your feelings of wellness and well-being.
And so much more!
This means the workout plan you are following TODAY has the potential to pay off decades from now, and your decision to choose an apple vs. a cookie for your afternoon snack will, too!
It’s all about being CONSISTENT with small, good-for-you actions.
Here’s a challenge for you:
Come up with THREE actions you can commit to this month that can help you feel better NOW – and into the future!
- Taking a walk after lunch
- Ditching the sugary creamer in your morning coffee
- Swapping your soda for water
- Hitting the studio for 2 resistance training workouts this week
Basically: What can you do TODAY that your FUTURE YOU will thank you for?
Let me know!
It’s amazing how one little habit and mindset shift can turn everything around. I’ve shared a couple of stories recently about my personal experience with morning routines. I thought it’d be a good idea to talk a little bit about my nighttime routine! Because it plays a huge role in my wellness.
My jaw dropped when I saw this fact a while ago. Did you know that there is a drug that 85% of us use every single day? If you’re one of them, I have a little assignment for you. 🙂 No, I am not going to ask you to quit.
Have you ever gone through a time in your life when you felt “in the flow”? Wasn’t it GREAT? You had a TON of energy, your sleep was on track, you felt productive, and you were positive and optimistic. Not to get woo-woo … but you felt “in sync.”
I’m lucky to have a few really great cooks in my life. Several of my friends actually used to cook professionally, which I have recently learned makes them actual “chefs.” Anyway … one of the chefs blew my mind when he gave me the secret to his amazing family meals.