Do you know one of the TOP reasons people have for NOT being able to commit to a regular fitness routine?
It’s because they say they “don’t have enough time.”
So I’m going to break down some ways you can find that time!
This quote pretty much sums up why this matters:
If you don’t make time for your wellness, eventually you will have to make time for your illness.
Even committing to JUST 5 MINUTES can help transform your routine. Over time, after that 5 minutes takes root, it can grow to 30 minutes that you enjoy and look forward to.
10 Ways to Find Time for Your Fitness:
- Get up first thing in the morning and go for a walk or do a cardio session.
- Take a walk or do a workout during your lunch break.
- Do strength exercises while watching TV at night (planks, bridges, squats, etc.).
- Turn household chores into a cardio session by turning up the music and moving fast enough to get your heart rate up.
- Turn your date nights into “fun” nights – go skating, hit the batting cage, go for a bike ride, or be active! (The same goes for family activity days.)
- Have a plan for your nutrition AND your workouts. When you have a plan in place, following it is a no-brainer!
- Make an appointment with your calendar every week and block time for your health & fitness into your schedule (workouts, meal planning, shopping, & prep, etc.)
- Find things you love – whether it’s food choices or exercise choices. You’ll start looking forward to it.
- Get support and accountability either in-person or online. Sometimes all you need is a cheerleader.
- Wear a fitness tracker and set daily movement goals. Don’t go to bed until you meet those goals!
Another way to make the most of your time: Hire an experienced trainer/coach who can create a plan that works with your lifestyle, helps keep you motivated, and provides accountability and support every step of the way.
Quick assignment for today: sneak away for just 5 minutes and take action (stretch, crank out a set or two of push-ups/lunges, go for a brisk walk … just do ONE THING). You will feel accomplished afterward!
MORE FROM THE BLOG
A few years ago I remember seeing a chart of “burpee equivalents” for food. Do you remember it? A cookie = 141 burpees, a small meatball sub = 402 burpees, a Big Mac = 506 burpees…
Do you love “hacks” when it comes to fitness and health? I know I do! Well, these fruits and veggies below can help power up your workouts and recovery in a big way …And I bet the next time you see them in the grocery store, you’ll look at them in a whole new light!
Shocking stat! Only 1 out of every 10 people eat enough of this food group … Even though these foods help keep your heart healthy … your skin glowing … your energy high … your hormones balanced … and your tummy happy.
Raise your hand if you love a “how am I doing?” quiz. (I know I love them!) I’ve got a little fitness & health self-audit for you today to help keep you on track with your healthy habits. This can be a good self-check to see if you need to double down on your healthy habits after the past few months.