Shocking stat! Only 1 out of every 10 people eat enough of this food group …
Even though these foods help keep your heart healthy … your skin glowing … your energy high … your hormones balanced … and your tummy happy.
PLUS, they can also help boost your mood AND manage your weight, while fending off serious diseases like obesity, diabetes, and more.
Sounds pretty miraculous, am I right?
In case you haven’t guessed it yet … it’s fruits and veggies. But for whatever reason, most of us don’t get enough of them!
Every day, it’s recommended that we eat:
- 1.5 to 2 cups of fruits
- 2 to 3 cups of vegetables
If you’re in the 90% of people who don’t eat enough fruits and veggies, here are a few simple ways to sneak more into your diet:
- Make it a point to eat a salad for lunch
- Add greens (spinach, kale, etc.) to sauces, soups, or stews
- Automatically add a side of veggies every time you eat dinner (tip: frozen veggies make this easy and budget-friendly!)
- Add them to your casseroles (even meatloaf – spinach, peppers, pumpkin, etc.)
- Eat fruit with your breakfast